Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grateful

Lately, it seems as though awful things are happening to my friends and loved ones. I have a friend who lost her brother yesterday. He was young and it was very unexpected. Also, a few friends who have been suffering with personal struggles. I have been feeling nostalgic and wanting to reflect on what I am truly thankful for.

You don't need "things" to make you happy, what you need is what is right in front of you. Remembering that when I'm out and about has been placed on the back burner-until recently. I am thankful every day that I wake up and that I have a roof over my head, clothes to cover me and food to choose from to cook. I am grateful for so much, it's difficult to put into words.


So today, I am striving to turn over a new leaf. I am incredibly blessed.
Have a peaceful day!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great reminder to be grateful for all the things we are blessed with. Each night before I go to bed, I try to come up with 5 things specific to that day that I am thankful for.

I have to tell you, I'm such a nerd! I thought you hadn't posted for a LONG time because I kept seeing that picture of you and Jason at the top and thought it went with an old post. Fortunately, the other day I happened to scroll down and saw that there were several posts I hadn't read yet! Yay for new posts :)

Heather said...

I like your idea too, Sharon! I'm glad you're following me, I keep that picture up because I love it so much.

How is baby girl? I hope you're all doing well, take care!

Nik said...

Life is such a gift, filled with a new blessing everyday! I'm glad you're in my life, I am very grateful for you:)