Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Being Persistent Pays Off

Whew! It has been a whirlwind fall lately! I have no idea where summer, let alone, October- now we've landed in November. I have some good news to share-I'm finally out of retail! I have been looking for a job for the past few months, not too seriously until about 6 weeks ago. I made a mini-goal for myself in August that I did not want to "serve" another Thanksgiving at Target. Don't get me wrong; I love Target, but having to be at the store at 4:00am the day after Thanksgiving is not something I was looking forward to.

I put my resume out there, had a few interviews that I made it to the last round for, but there was someone out there that had just a little bit more qualifications than I did. On a whim, while checking job websites, I came across an HR position at the Isle of Capri casino in Blackhawk, CO. I applied thinking nothing would happen. I got an interview the very next day (which was a Thursday) and by Monday I got a job offer!

I am so excited because I get to spend nights and weekends with Jason again. It has been 2 years of me working nights & weekends which is fine-but I was really starting to miss him! I start 11/22 and my hours are great. I will be enrolling in classes this spring and hope to finish my degree by the summer (hopefully!)

I know that things work out the way they're supposed to and I'm so thankful they did. I hope all of you out there are enjoying the crispness of fall-I can tell that snow is on the way too!

Love love!
xo
Heather

3 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations, Heather! That's awesome! I hope you really enjoy your new job!

Sharon Wang said...

Yay! That is so exciting! I can't imagine working retail around the holidays. I can't even stand to shop that time of year! Let us know how you like it once you start.

Orice said...

I'm so glad for you, Heather! Good for you for reaching for what your heart really wants and not settling for less. You'll be good at it too!