Today, I had my last test before my math final next week. Math & I have never gotten along. I think I hit my learning capacity when I was in the 3rd grade. :) I have never liked it, never excelled and now I know will probably never be friends with mathematics.
After taking my test today, I realized that I failed it. I came home, figured out my average and realized that even if I ACE the final exam, I will not pass the class with a "C" to move on to the next step in math towards my degree.
At this moment, I am feeling sad, defeated, angry and most of all frustrated. I wish I could get past this HUGE roadblock in front of me.
I just had to get that off my chest. I know that I will take this class again and that I will be a smarter person for it, but now, I am venting & mourning my hard work.
Thanks for reading, I know that I am usually up-beat but as my mama would say "This too shall pass."
3 comments:
Hey Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about the math test :( But I admire your honesty about where you are at right now. Nobody is happy all the time, and there's no reason to pretend to be. Good for you for being ready to take the class over again and not giving up altogether.
I know how you feel, Heather. Math was always a toughie for me too. I admire your persistance in spite of the failure and know you'll be so proud after you do pass next time. Hang in there, sweet niece.
Thanks you two, I had my day of mourning yesterday and a good cry this morning. I think everything will be ok. :)
Post a Comment