I am able to laugh it off poke fun at myself. I am also wearing fancier shoes(why you ask? WHY NOT?! I say!) The first day wearing them was quite a trip for me. I was very nauseous and dizzy, which I still am. I feel like I'm wearing high platform shoes walking on a tightrope. It's a really weird feeling for me. I'm told this feeling may pass in a couple of weeks (great!) I am a clumsy person by nature so I am moving at a much slower pace. I feel like I should have a sign posted on the back of my car & shirt that says "Caution new bifocal wearer, pass with care."
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
The b word
So the day has arrived. I'm in my mid-30's. I'm OK with it. I really don't feel like I'm 34, people tell me that I look younger than I am and I own it! The woman from the optical department called me on my birthday to tell me that my bifocals were in. That stung a little, just confirming that my mid-30's were here.
I am able to laugh it off poke fun at myself. I am also wearing fancier shoes(why you ask? WHY NOT?! I say!) The first day wearing them was quite a trip for me. I was very nauseous and dizzy, which I still am. I feel like I'm wearing high platform shoes walking on a tightrope. It's a really weird feeling for me. I'm told this feeling may pass in a couple of weeks (great!) I am a clumsy person by nature so I am moving at a much slower pace. I feel like I should have a sign posted on the back of my car & shirt that says "Caution new bifocal wearer, pass with care."
I am able to laugh it off poke fun at myself. I am also wearing fancier shoes(why you ask? WHY NOT?! I say!) The first day wearing them was quite a trip for me. I was very nauseous and dizzy, which I still am. I feel like I'm wearing high platform shoes walking on a tightrope. It's a really weird feeling for me. I'm told this feeling may pass in a couple of weeks (great!) I am a clumsy person by nature so I am moving at a much slower pace. I feel like I should have a sign posted on the back of my car & shirt that says "Caution new bifocal wearer, pass with care."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You may be dizzy but you look good. Your glasses...i mean bifocals are really cute. Love the Red!
Thanks Michelle! I'm really liking the red too! I hope you're surviving the snow...
You look way cute!!! I love the red glasses! When do we get to see pics of the new shoes?
Thanks Connie! I'll post pics of the new shoes when my feet aren't so hideous and have had a pedicure. Right now it may make you barf! :D
You are stylin'! I hate getting used to a new prescription, I can only imagine what it's like with bifocals.
Did you make the necklace you're wearing in that picture? It's cute!
Thank you Linda! Yes it is difficult to get used to them...I am moving s-l-o-w-l-y but surely...and I did make the necklace! Thanks again!!
Thirty-four and bifocals? Sweetie, you're just getting started! The best is yet to come! Happy Birthday again!
Post a Comment