Friday, February 20, 2009

Trying to make the best of it.

I'm just going to get this out because it has been eating away at me for most of the day. I have been having some eye problems (double vision) for the past couple of days, I called my eye doctor because it is not normal for me and they had me come in immediately. After a myriad of tests, my doctor gently broke the news to me that my eyes are lazy.

I gasped and said "How dare you!" Just teasing. She said they are lazy when I am focusing on things up close. She prescribed B...B..Bifocals for me. I instantly teared up. I have had problems with my eyes for the past 5 years or so that have had me getting brain scans, I have borderline glaucoma, all things of that nature. I should not be surprised in the least that I need bifocals. But I am.

My 34th birthday is coming up and I don't want to get bifocals but alas, I sulked into Target tonight and picked out a cute pair of square fuchsia glasses which will be my 'bifocals' and a second dark purple ones which will be my 'readers'. I still need to maintain some bit of my dignity by at least trying to look my age and not jump into wearing the powder blue leisure suits (yet).

I am grateful that nothing more serious was diagnosed or found, and I am thankful for the vision I have. This just came out of left field, and I needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Nik said...

Ooooh Heather, I am sorry about your eye sight:( I am grateful though that you can still see!!!
As far as getting old, I have a catch in my get along that Ben-Gay ain't helpin. You remember that I was diagnosed a few months ago for my right ear, it is in need of a hearing aid....LMAO!!! When he said that I just stared at him!!
It's rough becoming middle aged, we are all falling apart!!

Heather said...

Thanks Nik, I do remember your hearing aid diagnosis! Aren't a bit too young for this stuff?!

I just had to have a day of pouting, I'm going to try & embrace my bifocals. I pray that by the time I'm 40 I won't need dentures. Lord help me.

Sandi said...

Get the progressives. They don't have the line and no one is the wiser. I have been wearing them for years. I only need them for reading but it makes it much easier when I have to look up. I don't constantly have to take my glasses off.

Selené Emrys said...

ah girl, it's cool. I've been wearing glasses for fifteen years. Thirty four aint that bad. You'll look cute!!
Xoxo

Heather said...

I know...I've had glasses since I was 12. It'll be fine, I'm going to rock the new ones. I'll post pictures once I get them. Thanks for the love and encouraging words!!