Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hey Target!

So, I quit my full time job back in the fall to pursue going back to school full time. I decided to get a part time job at Target over the holiday season to a) get the discount and b) I worked there for 8 yrs previously, so why not go back? As I was working yesterday, I ran into the restroom during the busiest part of the afternoon to wash my hands. There was a line forming as I was at the sink.

There was a woman watching me (I am very aware when people watch me and don't say anything and can feel them burning into me...weird I know.) As I am foaming up and singing my abc's in Spanish to get all the germs out, this woman who previously has been staring at me says "Hey Target!" I look to my right as she is standing on my left and think 'crap! I'm the only one in here in red & khaki and I know she's talking to me'. Again, she says "HEY TARGET!" Louder this time. I look slowly to my left and she says "Look what I have." She turns to the side and shows me a recyclable Walmart Bag which she is proudly wearing on her right shoulder.

I say "wow, that's a nice bag." and begin rinsing my hands and looking for paper towels. She says "yeah, guess where I went to lunch today?" I say "I don't know, where?" She says "the new McDonalds, and I had a HAMBURGER." I say "Wow, sounds like you've had a pretty good day."

And I exit stage left. So from now on, you can address me as HEY TARGET and apparently I will answer.

4 comments:

Sean said...

What a psycho... at least it's better than "hey you". I think I still have my name tags around somewhere. Maybe I should throw on some red and khaki and pretend to help people... oops I forgot I burned all my red and khaki.

Lisabisa said...

Hey Target!!!! LOL, people are so crazy. Next time say, Hey thanks bathroom friend and walk away. Maybe she hangs out in the bathrooms because people are there for an obvious reason and won't run away as fast.

Be careful, Target tends to suck people back into it's world. Good luck with school.

Connie said...

Hey Target!!! At least she didn't ask if you were prego, like I always get from dumb strangers.
By the way, guess what I am having for breakfast??

Nik said...

Hahaha, love that!!! As a Target gal myself I can honestly picture myself being a victim of the "bathroom lady" also!!!
From one "hey Target" to another....red and khaki all the way my friend:)